Vital Football

Latest Wigan Atletic News

Michael Brown is Our Hero

Michael Brown is Our Hero

Following a shockingly badly written and poorly researched article in the Daily Mail by some hack going by the name of Hatchet Man concerning Wigan Athletic midfield player Michael Brown and his merits as a Premier League footballer Vital Wigan ran a poll to see if Brownie was indeed a hero or a villain.

The result was an astounding vote of confidence for the Hartlepool born player with a massive 84% voting for Brownie as a hero and the other 16% of votes we believe were made by Daily Mail readers who didn`t quite understand the question.

Michael Brown was many Latics fans player of the season last year; he gave a fully committed performance week in week out and quite literally put his body on the line for the team.

Vital Latics - Speaking up for the down trodden

It's easy to join us at Vital Latics to register , simply click the link and enjoy getting involved







Win £1,000,000 every week with Man of the Match®

Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Writer:Barry Worthington
Date:Monday September 8 2008
Time: 10:01PM

Best of Vital Network

Vital Boxing - Joshua v Klitschko?

Comments

0
Brownie is superb and I hope he stays with us
worbo
08/09/2008 22:06:00
0
Lets hope he stays a brilliant player and fully commited to the team Hope he stays. He is wat players everywhere should be. Keep it going Brownie
Jonni_G
08/09/2008 23:20:00
Page 1/1
  1. 1

Login to post a comment

Recent Wigan Athletic Articles

Stats: Wigan Athletic v Wolverhampton Wanderers

All the stats from Wigan Athletic (2) vs (1) Wolverhampton Wanderers, DW Stadium, 27/09/16 7:45pm Att: 10,723

The Team Sheets - Wigan Athletic v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Team news from the DW Stadium:

Latics v Wolves - Big Game Preview

There is a little bit of pressure starting to mount down at the Latics, no win in seven games and sitting bottom of the pile, the sooner we can get a three points haul in the bag the better.

Gary Caldwell felt that his team were unlucky not to win the game at Preston on Friday never mind lose it, a wickedly deflected effort early on followed by some resolute defending kept the Latics at bay, but a failure to take two excellent chances was the downfall as we lost by the odd goal for the 7t

Early Team News - Latics v Wolves

Shaun MacDonald, who left the field early against Preston with a dead leg, should be fit to play tonight and Nick Powell is said to be ready, following his groin strain, to return

Archived Vital Latics Articles

Vital Latics articles from

Site Journalists

Barry Worthington
Editor email
Profile
Dan Farrimond (JWAW)
no email
Profile
Adam Convery
no email
Profile
Frank Ford
no email
Profile
Noel Wards Leg
no email
Profile

Current Poll (see more polls)

Will We?
Suggested By: Noddy Holder
Latics To Win36%
Wolves To Win50%
Draw14%
ScoopDragon Publishing Entire League Network of Sites

League Table

# Team P W D L Pts. GD
1 Huddersfield 10 7 1 2 22 5
2 Norwich 9 6 2 1 20 6
3 Brighton 10 5 3 2 18 6
4 Brentford 10 5 2 3 17 9
5 Bristol City 10 5 2 3 17 6
6 Birmingham 10 4 5 1 17 4
7 Sheff Wed 10 5 2 3 17 0
8 Reading 10 5 2 3 17 -3
9 Newcastle 9 5 1 3 16 10
10 Barnsley 10 5 1 4 16 6
11 Wolves 10 4 3 3 15 2
12 Fulham 10 3 5 2 14 -2
13 Ipswich 10 3 4 3 13 0
14 Leeds Utd 10 4 1 5 13 -2
15 Forest 10 3 3 4 12 -2
16 Q.P.R. 10 3 3 4 12 -4
17 Aston Villa 10 1 7 2 10 0
18 Burton 10 2 4 4 10 -2
19 Preston 10 3 1 6 10 -4
20 Derby County 10 2 3 5 9 -4
21 Wigan 10 2 2 6 8 -2
22 Blackburn 10 2 2 6 8 -7
23 Cardiff 10 2 2 6 8 -9
24 Rotherham 10 1 3 6 6 -13
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News

Recent Wigan Athletic Results (view all)

Wigan Athletic Fixtures (view all)

Oct 1 2016 3:00PM : Brentford (a)
Sky Bet Championship
Oct 15 2016 3:00PM : Burton Albion (H)
Sky Bet Championship
Oct 18 2016 7:45PM : Leeds United (a)
Sky Bet Championship
Oct 22 2016 3:00PM : Brighton & Hove Albion (H)
Sky Bet Championship
Oct 29 2016 3:00PM : Cardiff City (a)
Sky Bet Championship
Nov 5 2016 3:00PM : Reading (H)
Sky Bet Championship

Vital Members League Table

RankNamePoints
1.Get a Grip!249
2.Moonay192
3.Barry W146
4.scotdave81
5.Whittleblue79
6.hindleymonwafc62
7.Ihaventaclue58
8.TRUE BELIEVER58
9.nottinghamlatic57
10.king_dezeeuw0650