Meeting Some Newcastle Fans
A popular feature on Vital Latics throughout this season, we will hopefully be getting the views of a 'few' of the opposition fans on Wigan Athletic, so with a visit to St. James' Park coming up this weekend as the Latics take on Newcastle United, it was time to meet some Geordies.
So with seven simple questions posed let's take a look at the responses:
1. How long have you supported Newcastle?
2. Who is your best player?
3. Who do you think is Wigan's best player?
4. What is your perception of Wigan Athletic?
5. What do you think the score will be?
6. What do you think will be your final league position?
7. What do you think will be Wigan's final league position?
1. All my life - nigh on 40 years.
2. I`m actually confused to the context. My best player or the team's best? I would say we don't have a stand out 'best' player, just a collection of excellent players. My top 3 at this present moment would consist of Collocini, Cabaye and Steven Taylor based on performances but the likes of Jonas, Tiote, Demba Ba and Tim Krul deserve special mention also.
3. Probably Rodallega
4. Originally it was small club playing in a rugby stadium, a genuine underdog which we would root for but, it has been changed thanks to a 'fellow' Wiganite.
5. As long as play to our potential and be professional, i can't see anything but a home win. 3 or 4-1.
6. 8 games ago i said 15th but i haven't seen too many better teams than us and if we keep a lot of our better players fit then i see a top 8 finish.
7. Either relegation or a last gasp Houdini job. again!!
1. Since I was a bairn.
2. A player called Fabricio Yohan Tiote.
3. Dave Whelan - respect.
4. More Meat & Potato Pie than bouillabaisse a la SJP.
ver achievers supported by fans drawn from the well-connected, land-owning gentry who own many horses, flash cars and have served with honour in the UK's secret services whilst servicing eastern-European blow-up dolls and grooming 18 year olds from Darlington. Do you know him?
5. 3 - 1 to NUFC.
6. Top 10.
7. Just escape relegation.
rabit711. Since birth. 1987.
2. Any out of Colo, Tiote, Cabaye (if Barfa gets back to his best he'll be up there though)
3. van Aanholt.
4. Small club living the dream, punching well above their weight.
5. 1-0 Newcastle
1. 1st game 11 Sept 1963 v Southampton
2. Fabricio Coloccini
3. Ali Al-Habsi
4. Formed in 1932 - there are people living who can remember when you didn't exist!
5. 2-0 Newcastle
1. Since 1966-7
2. Coloccini at the moment
3. I try not to think about Wigan, in fact no effort needed, it comes naturally.
4. A team that is fortunate to have Premier League revenues and so attract managers with potential.
5. Should be a Newcastle win but who knows?
6. Mid table, maybe top half.
7. I agree with the Houdini slot.
1. Since I was a bairn.
2. Either Coloccini or Cabaye.
4. A tiny club, with a tiny fan base. As soon as they go down, they won`t come back up.
5. Newcastle 3-0 Wigan
6. Anywhere in the top half
Thanks for the comments
Latics and Proud
Fancy writing an article about the Latics? Why not get in touch, we are always looking for new contributors, after all we are all Latics fans here and want to get the Latics message to the world, so if you have a favourite match or Latics memory get it jotted down, or whatever you want to say put it into an email and send it to us here at Vital Wigan
To get your article published just click here and we will put it onto the site
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.