Date:Thursday November 17 2011
A regular feature on Vital Latics throughout this season, we will hopefully be getting the views of a 'few' of the opposition fans on Wigan Athletic, so with a visit to the DW Stadium on Saturday for Blackburn for the big bottom of the table clash, it was time to meet some Rovers fans.
So with seven simple questions posed let's take a look at the responses:
1. How long have you supported Rovers?
2. Who is your best player?
3. Who do you think is Wigan's best player?
4. What is your perception of Wigan Athletic?
5. What do you think the score will be?
6. What do you think will be your final league position?
7. What do you think will be Wigan's final league position?
1.) 20 years
2.) Ruben Rochina
3.) Alcarez (who should be banned for our game)
4.) You have a Rovers fan as your chairman. That you don't fill you stadium all that much and probably don't warrant your place in the premiership.
5.) Wigan 0 Blackburn 2
6.) Bottom half of the table outside the drop zone.
1. Since 1996/1997 when I was 4 years old.
2. Martin Olsson
3. James McCarthy
4. You will struggle this year and are punching way above your weight considering your players and attendances
5. 3-0 to Rovers
6. If Steve Kean stays much longer then 18th. Otherwise 17th or just above that.
7. 20th (sorry)
4.)Rugby town were most of its population has been brought up on grass roots rugby (Amateur teams facilities excellent) Punching massively above its weight, very small support (Due to being rugby town) Been a great advert for smaller teams being run the correct way.
5.) Wigan 0-3 Rovers
1. 16 years
2. Right now: Martin Olsson
3. Victor Moses
4. Wigan has done well and rode their luck for a few years but I feel that relegation is only a matter of time.
5. Wigan 1 - 3 Rovers
1. The first game I went to was in 96 so I guess since then :)
2. Paul Robinson
3. James McCarthy
4. I like the manager and the players, they are like our distant cousins, I want Wigan to do well (but not as well as rovers)
5. 2 - 1 to rovers
1. Since I was 6 - I am 27 now.
2. Junior Hoilett with Martin Olsson a close second.
3. James McCarthy, seems to have very quick feet on him and good vision.
4. A team (not unlike ourselves) who who have limited revenue streams trying to keep up with the big boys. Different in roots to Rovers though as the town is traditionally thought of as a rugby league town.
5. I will go with what I want to happen and I believe will happen as we are due a bit of luck - 3-1 Rovers.
6. Right now I'd take 17th. With a change of manager/investment we could be near the top half.
7. I really want the North West clubs to stay in the league but sadly I think you'll struggle along with us... 19th.
4. A club with some very good young players but a poor defence (sounds familiar...)
5. Wigan 1-2 Blackburn
Uncle Jack`s Nephew
1. At least 27 of my 29 years (possibly more but ask my parents)
2. I'll be controversial and go for Olsson. Could be a real star in the making.
3. Haven't seen much of you but Al Habsi sounds a good 'un. Oh and Di Santo is a legend for scoring against the Dingles.
4. Good, honest, Lancastrian club punching above its weight (the way we used to be)
5. Both teams desperate to win so obviously 1-1
6. 17th (heart ruling head)
7. 19th. Sorry lads!
Thanks very much for the answers
Latics and Proud
Fancy writing an article about the Latics? Why not get in touch, we are always looking for new contributors, after all we are all Latics fans here and want to get the Latics message to the world, so if you have a favourite match or Latics memory get it jotted down, or whatever you want to say put it into an email and send it to us here at Vital Wigan
To get your article published just click here and we will put it onto the site
Date:Thursday November 17 2011
To Me To You - Latics 1 Rotherham 2 (Sunday December 21 2014)
Football Truce? What Was Going On! (Sunday December 21 2014)
Stats: Wigan Athletic v Rotherham United (Saturday December 20 2014)
R.C.G. Are Backing Wigan Athletic (Saturday December 20 2014)
Latics v Rotherham - Big Game Preview (Saturday December 20 2014)
Malky Mackay Speaks About The 'Football Truce' (Friday December 19 2014)
What The Bosses Say - Latics v Rotherham United (Friday December 19 2014)
Early Team News - Latics v Rotherham United (Friday December 19 2014)
The 12th Man - Jingle Bells To That (Friday December 19 2014)
Andy Delort Talks On His Lack Of Opportunity (Friday December 19 2014)
|18. Leeds Utd||22||6||6||10||-7||24|
|To Me To You - Latics 1 Rotherham 2
» Wigan : 21/12/2014 11:13:00
|Adams: Tettey 'Goal' Should've Stood
» Norwich : 21/12/2014 11:00:00
|Clarke reign starts with home defeat
» Reading : 21/12/2014 10:00:00
|Football Truce? What Was Going On!
» Wigan : 21/12/2014 09:55:00
» Rotherham : 21/12/2014 09:41:00